Safety Stories

Did you or a loved one have a fire or CO experience that you’d like to share? Tell us about it.

 
Dec. 21, 2014

It CAN Happen To YOU

I have a friend whose sister is a well-known media personality. We always assume these ‘celebrities’ have no worries in their lives and cannot relate to the rest of us. Well I was shocked to learn that near Christmas this year, her sister’s house burned to the ground and she lost EVERYTHING! Very sad to hear, luckily she or no one else was hurt in the fire. I think this is a good lesson for us all. Fire does not discriminate nor only occur in “some people’s houses.” It can happen to ME and it can happen to YOU. This site is a great way to get smart about fire and carbon monoxide safety. Read it, heed it and tell your friends! Pat... Read More

Categories : Fire Safety

Dec. 21, 2014

My Story Could Save Your Life

This is the story of what has happened to me over the last 3 months. I urge you to PLEASE read it. It could save your life or keep you from becoming very, very ill! Flashback to 3 months ago: I start feeling ill with dizzy spells and the feeling of coming down with the flu. A couple of weeks go by and I am still feeling this way. I decided I better see a doctor because something is just not right. The doctor tells me it sounds like I have hypoglycemia and makes an appointment for me to meet with the dietitian. After meeting with the dietitian and following her advice a couple weeks go by and I still feel ill. I go back to my family doctor and he decides he is going to test me for... Read More

Categories : Carbon Monoxide

Dec. 13, 2014

RCMP Family Feels Very Lucky

My husband is an RCMP Sgt and when we moved to a force house in 2002 we all suffered CO poisoning from a leaky furnace. We thought it was mould and we kept the windows cracked. We had a plug in detector that went off when I started the furnace up again for the winter. Anyways, we were lucky. We had low-level long term poisoning and are not sure what that entails except it has definitely affected our frontal lobe functioning from the testing we have had done. Our boys seem to have adapted to their loss by learning in other ways. I think you are doing very important work. People seemed shocked that we got CO poisoning and the doctors are very unaware. That first winter when we were all sick we went every couple of weeks to... Read More

Categories : Carbon Monoxide Safety