Safety Stories

Did you or a loved one have a fire or CO experience that you’d like to share? Tell us about it.

 
Feb. 17, 2015

Teaching Kids Helped To Avert A Tragedy

My wife and I were in line with friends for a John Mayer concert some years back when our son called unexpectedly. He said he and his sister were feeling “a bit weird” and smelled something funny in the house. I asked him if it smelled like rotten eggs, thinking perhaps the gas stove had been left on. No, he said, it smelled dirty and stinky but not like bad eggs. Very worried, we called the husband of one of the ladies we were with who lived nearby. He raced over and the kids met him at the front door. He opened the window to their bedroom and then loaded the kids in the car for a night at their place. After the concert, we opened a number of windows for fresh air and had a very restless sleep.... Read More

Categories : Carbon Monoxide Safety