Have you or a family member or friend had a fire or carbon monoxide incident that you'd like to share? By telling others about it, your experience and knowledge can help keep families safe.
Teaching Kids Helped To Avert A Tragedy
My wife and I were in line with friends for a John Mayer concert some years back when our son called unexpectedly. He said he and his sister were feeling “a bit weird” and smelled something funny in the house. I asked him if it smelled like rotten eggs, thinking perhaps the gas stove had been left on. No, he said, it smelled dirty and stinky but not like bad eggs. Very worried, we called the husband of one of the ladies we were with who lived nearby. He raced over and the kids met him at the front door. He opened the window to their bedroom and then loaded the kids in the car for a night at their place. After the concert, we opened a number of windows for fresh air and had a very restless sleep.... read moreCarbon Monoxide Safety
It CAN Happen To YOU
I have a friend whose sister is a well-known media personality. We always assume these ‘celebrities’ have no worries in their lives and cannot relate to the rest of us. Well I was shocked to learn that near Christmas this year, her sister’s house burned to the ground and she lost EVERYTHING! Very sad to hear, luckily she or no one else was hurt in the fire. I think this is a good lesson for us all. Fire does not discriminate nor only occur in “some people’s houses.” It can happen to ME and it can happen to YOU. This site is a great way to get smart about fire and carbon monoxide safety. Read it, heed it and tell your friends! Pat... read moreFire Safety
My Story Could Save Your Life
This is the story of what has happened to me over the last 3 months. I urge you to PLEASE read it. It could save your life or keep you from becoming very, very ill! Flashback to 3 months ago: I start feeling ill with dizzy spells and the feeling of coming down with the flu. A couple of weeks go by and I am still feeling this way. I decided I better see a doctor because something is just not right. The doctor tells me it sounds like I have hypoglycemia and makes an appointment for me to meet with the dietitian. After meeting with the dietitian and following her advice a couple weeks go by and I still feel ill. I go back to my family doctor and he decides he is going to test me for... read moreCarbon Monoxide